If you’re spending money online to advertise your business, chances are you’re running ads on Facebook. Facebook ads are at the top of the food chain, 92% of social marketers are running ads on the social media giant. As useful as they an be though, it is also very easy to waste money on ads that won’t really bring you a new customers, especially if you’re not reaching the right people. Here are a few tips to up your facebook promo game.
1. Scale Your Budget Based On Performance
When running a few different ads at once, or even experimenting in the beginning with Facebooks ads, it’s important to make note and use of your cost metrics with FB. Whichever ad is yielding you a cheaper cost per acquisition is often the one that is performing the best way you intended!
If you are running a few ads to determine the best marketing route, pause whichever ad is underperforming and let the optimized campaign continue to run. You’re likely going to reach the same amount of key clients and will save money in doing so.
2. Selecting Placement for Increased Reach
When advertising on Facebook, you’re prompted to select which channels (FB-owned) that you would like to run your ad through. Depending on the type of campaign you’re running, you can actually improve the quality of your ads by choosing the proper delivery channels.
- Adding Instagram to the reach, engagement, and video view placements can improve results by 30% to 40%. However, expect to see fewer likes and comments if you’re running a Facebook page post ad. You can also see here for some other free instagram tips from us.
- Messenger is an excellent add-on to traffic and conversion campaigns. Messenger ads, in particular, currently perform well.
- Audience Network placements can increase the reach and traffic for your ads in general. However, pay particular attention to your key metrics (conversion rates and cost per result, for example).
3. Narrow Promotion to the Right Audience
Your ad content can only perform if you’ve set up your audience demographics properly. This means fully understanding who you are looking to advertise to, and what that persons digital profile may look like.
Facebook will ask you to select a preferred age, location and gender of your ideal customer. From that point, you are able to input interests that will further key in on the exact type of person you’re looking for. Be creative and extensive with your interest words; these are essential in filtering the best candidates.